10 Tips for Planning the Perfect Luxury RV Rental
Planning an RV rental vacation is an exciting venture and there are many things to consider. Here, we’ve put together a list of tips to ensure that you get the most out of your luxury RV rental vacation.
- Planning ahead. Once you’ve decided to take an RV rental adventure, it’s important to plan ahead. You want to be sure that you get what you want, when you want it. RV rentals are often booked months to a year ahead of time, especially during the summer and holiday seasons.
- Planning your RV rental route: Where do you want to go with your RV rental? How much time do you have? If you have minimal time, pick a location that is relatively close to home. Longer adventures allow you a bit more latitude. Also, think about the type of vacation you want. Are you a theme park junkie seeking chills and thrills? Or, do you prefer to sit by a cool mountain stream with a fly rod in hand. The choice is yours.
- Planning your RV rental itinerary: Be realistic about driving time. Often, people try to cover too many miles in one day – it’s not a race. It’s your luxury RV rental vacation so take time to enjoy and have fun. And remember, if you are going to be driving each day, you need to allot time for getting the RV rental ready to hit the road—this may take up to an hour at a time.
- Picking your RV rental RV resort/campground: Since our Class A luxury motor home rentals require a great deal of power to run all systems, we urge our RV renters to find campsites that offer 50 amp power, full water and sewer hookups and pull-through sites that make driving in and out a breeze. We highly recommend national parks and reputable campgrounds such as KOA.
- Packing for your RV rental adventure: You have the option to have us fully equip your RV with dishes, glasses, silverware, linens and towels, and cleaning supplies. We even have patio furniture and a grill. All you need to bring are your clothes, favorite foods, and maybe a good book. If you prefer to pack these things yourself then make sure you designate the time necessary to load these items. It’s a good idea to buy food and other provisions before you head to the campground.
- Planning for rainy days. There may be times when the great outdoors if off limits. That’s why it’s a good idea to include some “rainy day” items in your packing list. Take along some DVDs, a laptop computer, or handheld electronic games. Of course, old-fashioned board games and puzzles are fun too. If any RV travelers have a hobby such as knitting, there’s an idea too.
- Operating your rental motor home safely and effectively: When you pick up your motor home, we will teach you the ropes within one and a half to two hours. We suggest you take notes or even videotape the orientation. But don’t fear; we’ll also give you numbers to call for 24 hour service – just in case a problem arises.
- Lay down some rules of the road. Who will be driving? Who will be the navigator? If you are bringing kids, what will they do while on the road? It’s important to have some guidelines when it comes to making stops, places to stop and overall “RV rental etiquette.” Everyone should have a job.
- Learn the RV lingo. Yes, there is a secret RV rental language and you don’t want to sound like a newbie. For instance, “rig” is another name for a motor home; “shore power” is the AC power source to plug into at the campground; and the “cockpit” is where the driver sits.
- Communicate with friends/family at home. Leave a copy of your itinerary with friends or family while you are on the road enjoying your luxury RV rental vacation. It’s also fun to share your adventures via social media by posting photos and occasional updates.